[tor-dev] torrouter development - Who is in charge?

ficus at robocracy.org ficus at robocracy.org
Wed Sep 12 16:31:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, adrelanos wrote:

>> The goals of the torouter project seem a bit vague (especially w/r/t a
>> transparent torified WiFi access point), perhaps this is why development
>> slowed down previously.
>
> I fear this thread goes unanswered and someone willing to contribute
> gets lost because of unresponsiveness.

Between the linked mailing list message from last March [0] and the goals
at the bottom of ticket #3453 [1] I have plenty to get started.

I think the project will get more interest and attention from more
experienced (and busy) Tor developers once the "broken, does not turn on"
type problems are fixed; at that point a more formal design/review
iteration on specific device configurations and functionality can take
place.

[0]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-March/023799.html
[1]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3453