[tor-dev] [GSoC] [Stegotorus] Code submission and more curl

Zack Weinberg zackw at panix.com
Mon Sep 10 14:53:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:33 AM, vmon <vmonmoonshine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Zack,
>
> 1) I would like to ask your permission to submit the whole code for
> code submission. First because my task in the summer wasn't only to
> write the parts that I wrote but also to read the code and debug it as
> well. Secondly because the git log shows who wrote what. Thirdly, It's
> easier.

Yes, that seems reasonable.  In case Google decides they don't like
that, you could also send them the diff between master and your
branch.

> 2) I had more discussion on libcurl-dev with the libcurl main developer. He
> thinks despite the fact my approach is working right now, it isn't
> stable and can break down in a different environment. To solve this, I'm going
> to let curl also read from the socket instead of libevent, this isn't
> very hard (I'll disable both EV_READ and EV_WRITE as soon as I'm handing
> the socket to curl). I confirmed with Nick that (unlike libcurl)
> libevent support this.

I don't know enough about libcurl to really grok the situation here,
but what you're doing sounds plausible.

> 4)
>>I still don't see the problem.  If you do exactly that, and don't use
>>he DECLARE macros for http_apache_steg, what breaks?
>
> If I don't use the DECLARE then I can't specify http_apache as the steg
> protocol in the command line .

Ah, so what you need to do is define a *new* DECLARE macro that
doesn't define all the boilerplate you don't want - let's call it
STEG_DECLARE_SUBMODULE - and modify genmodtable.sh to pick it up.

zw