[tor-dev] Parallel release series for directory authorities?

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Thu Sep 6 18:34:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

Hi, Jake!

> I think this is a fine plan - my preference is generally to track git
> tip for urras. I'm happy to track whatever branches need experimenting
> or lots of use. I will need to acquire some IPv6 space for the machine
> soon for it to be of maximal usefulness in the future....

What I really need to hear on this question is whether there are
directory authority operators who are *not* comfortable tracking
0.2.4.x-alpha, but who *would* be comfortable running a hypothetical
0.2.3-da series.

If there are are a significant number of such operators, it might be
worthwhile to make an 0.2.3-da.  But if everybody's happy tracking
0.2.4.x or tracking git, there's no real reason to put out an
0.2.3-da., I think.

--
Nick