[tor-dev] Tor on IPv6 roadmap and status page

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Sun Sep 2 08:47:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:13:37 +0000, Linus Nordberg wrote:
> I think that we should allow IPv6 addresses in the HiddenServicePort

Turns out it already does (tor_addr_port_lookup()). Seems that changing
the parsing & processing for IPv6 'bridge' already did the trick.

Tested with ::1 only, have not real v6 here and now, and the
linklocal%vboxnet0 notation doesn't work here at all.

> option too and that proposal 186 should be updated to consider hidden
> services too.

That probably remains to be done. I wanted to get my feet wet in the
codebase. :-)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."