[tor-dev] use tor controller to detect circuit/path change

esolve esolve esolvepolito at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:17:58 UTC 2012

oh, I don't understand this

what you mean is, for example, when browsing webpages

browser application                sock
Tor                            Ethernet interface

         send   packet ---------->    forward -------------> encrypt and
-----------------> send to the entry node

make tor cells

         receive packet<---------   forward<-------------- decrypt tor
cells <---------------  receive from the entry node

tcpdump -i eth0(this is my capturing)

 but you mean I can capture between the browser application and the sock?

so I used tcpdump on the ethernet interface
the packets are  encrypted
you mean I can capture the packets before