[tor-dev] [Stegotorus] Re: Do you have time to poke at ST

vmonmoonshine at gmail.com vmonmoonshine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:16:12 UTC 2012

Hello Zack,

Sorry for being bit out of touch as I'm traveling and my access to Internet is sporadic.

I'm still working on Stegonotorus. I developed the webpage_tester (now
on f--webpage-tester branch on github), that is curl using Stegotorus to
download anything on the web and compare it with the original. It is
based on assumption that is my best approximation for a browser. I did
that in a hope to catch the bug, but I haven't. Basically I failed to browse anything unreliably. I can download 20 megabytes or so with no error. It takes a long time, but It doesn't fail.

My payload server is the apache payload server but that shouldn't make a
huge difference. I think my payloads even have smaller capacity and less
efficient than your fake ones.

Anyway, I'm going to tweak the tester proxy to drops packets at random,
to force the ack into play, I'll get back to you with more update.

Cheers,
vmon