[tor-dev] [GSoC] Update - Safe cookie support in Stem

Ravi Chandra Padmala neenaoffline at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:28:19 UTC 2012

Hello

I'm reporting my progress over the last week.

I have been working on implementing support for the safe cookie
authentication method for Stem[1].
It is in a usable state[2] right now, but, it isn't fully tested. In
the process, Stem also helped uncover
a bug in the AUTHCHALLENGE error responses[3].

Now, I'll be writing the tests for the safe cookie implementation and
getting it merged. Next, I'll begin work on the
general controller class. Damien has already implemented an the
GETINFO response parser. Beck also wants to
help implement the controller class.

I/We will be working on the deliverables scheduled for week two in my
proposal, i.e.
Implementing the wrapper functions and response parsing for the
following control commands,
GETCONF, SETCONF, LOADCONF, RESETCONF, SAVECONF, SIGNAL,
TAKEOWNERSHIP, USEFEATURE and QUIT.

1. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5262
2. http://repo.or.cz/w/stem/neena.git/shortlog/refs/heads/safe-cookie-alt
3. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5760