[tor-dev] Sanitized bridge descriptor format 1.0

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon May 21 15:55:49 UTC 2012

Hi Karsten.

> - Bridge network statuses contain a "published" line

Oh, I didn't realize that there was a consensus that included bridges.
Mind explaining where they come from and what they're for? Which
category can I find these in on the metrics data page?

I haven't implemented network status entries yet so changes there
aren't a concern, though it would be useful for me to have one as an
example.

> Server descriptors and extra-info descriptors are stored under the SHA1 hashes of the descriptor identifiers of their non-scrubbed forms.

Stem provides its caller with the descriptor's path but doesn't try to
do anything with it, so this isn't a concern.

> Server descriptors and extra-info descriptors contain a new "router-digest" line with the hex-formatted descriptor identifier.

Not following. Is this new 'router-digest' entry only in the bridge
descriptors? Is it a bridge equivalent for a relay server descriptor's
'fingerprint' field? Again, an example of the new descriptors would be
nice to have.

> Bridge nicknames (#5684) in all descriptor types

Minor tweak for the is_scrubbed() method, but that's all.

> ... and dirreq-* statistics lines (#5807) in extra-info descriptors are not sanitized anymore.

I didn't realize that bridge extrainfo descriptors _were_ sanitized.
What section of the format page details the scrubbing for those?

I've never tried running the stem parser over a bridge extrainfo
descriptor, so again an example would be useful. :)

Cheers! -Damian