[tor-dev] [tor-assistants] Python metrics-lib

Beck Chen csybeck at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:48:08 UTC 2012

Hi Damian,

> Quick question, if it is PKCS1 that we need then will the pycrypto
> package do the trick? It looks like PKCS1 support is pretty new for
> it, but the package itself is generally available by default.

PyCrypto should do the trick, as described in their API document [1].
But I encounter an error when trying to import the key:

>> from Crypto.PublicKey import RSA
>> RSA.importKey(my_key)
ValueError: RSA key format is not supported

I asked this on Stack Overflow and someone provides an explanation
[2]. It looks plausible, but I'm really confused about the tangled
standards here.

Enjoy Diablo 3 :) I'll join you when I go back to USA.

Cheers,
Beck

[1]. https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/api/current/Crypto.PublicKey.RSA-module.html
[2]. http://stackoverflow.com/a/10574723/994146