[tor-dev] [tor-assistants] Python metrics-lib

Robert Ransom rransom.8774 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 02:47:29 UTC 2012

On 5/8/12, Beck Chen <csybeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> According to the outline, the long-term identity key should be different
> from the
> signing key, which changes every 3-12 months. Then why should the signing
> key
> become the identity key in the descriptor format, and fingerprint become
> the hash
> of the identity key?

The ‘relay identity key’ is not the same as the ‘authority identity
key’.  The ‘relay identity key’ might also be different from the
‘directory signing key’; I'm not sure about that.

Descriptors contain and are signed with the ‘relay identity key’, and
the fingerprint in a descriptor is the hash of the relay identity key.

Robert Ransom