[tor-dev] tbb-build for Windows

John Crain johncrain at eml.cc
Sun May 6 14:18:17 UTC 2012

Hi Shondoit,

Thanks for taking time!

> If you have a clean VM, with a default install of Windows 7, then please try it out and
> let me know. If you have a dirty Windows XP in the back of your closet, try it out
> as well. I'd love to hear how it breaks and then improving it.

Would you be interested in the opposite? That is, a (slightly) dirty
default install of Windows 7 (x64), and a clean VM with a default
install of Windows XP SP3? Alternatively, I could install XP into a new
partition on HDD, if you'd prefer.

> Don't forget to set-up Git (git config [...]), clone torbrowser.git,
> add my personal repo, checkout 'personal-build'

Could you please expand on this? I haven't used Git via mingw and I
don't much feel like taking the time to RTFM ;)

P.S. How would one go about using your work for profile build(s) to test
benefits of something like [0,1]?

[0] #3978: "Better TBB about:config settings(?); re: browsing and

[1]
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/attachment/ticket/3978/tbb-ff-pgo.patch

--
  John Crain