[tor-dev] George's status report: June 2012

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sat Jun 30 08:58:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

this is a list of some Tor stuff I did during June:

- Provided patches for the rest of the tor-0.2.3.x tickets that were
  reported/assigned by/to me [0].

- Helped set up a mailing list to host daily censorship reports as
  reported by George Danezis' censorship anomaly detection tool [1].
  I hope to speak with George soon to improve and finalize the second
  version of his script [2].

- Finished coding the automatic port forwarding for transport proxies
  (#4567). It needs some more love based on Nick's review, but it's
  pretty-much done.

- Helped with the .et censorship incident (#6045). We bisected their
  DPI fingerprints and found some interesting stuff on how their DPI
  engine works. We should probably do some more research and then
  write a technical blog post.

- Wrote d0wser, a little program which (under some specific
  conditions) given a censored payload, brute forces its DPI
  fingerprints by using the DPI firewall as a censorship oracle [3].

- Helped the Tor censorship encyclopedia project [4]. It needs much
  more attention/content/editing.

- Helped Brandon Wiley with his GSoC project [5].

[0]: #5603, #5589, #5799, #6218, #5099, #6226

[1]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2011-September/002923.html