[tor-dev] TLS warning using static OpenSSL 1.0.1c

Gino Badouri g.badouri at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:27:58 UTC 2012

It works!
Thanks grarpamp!

Using zlib instead of zlib-dynamic fixed it like you said
I had to alter the Makefile and tell the linker where to find my mipsel
libz.so and libz.a and zlib includes
Also libevent and tor need the ./configure CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS for zlib
too.

I'm only encountering timeouts after the circuit has been established:
Jun 26 21:21:04.000 [notice] Tried for 120 seconds to get a connection to
[scrubbed]:53. Giving up. (waiting for circuit)

This is using Tor-2.3.17-beta using static OpenSSL 1.0.1c (no-idea no-mdc2
no-rc5 zlib enable-tlsext no-ssl2) and libevent-2.0.19-stable (bufferevents
enabled)
Also I compiled with miniupnpc-1.7 and libnatpmp-20110808 support.

I think the Tor binary is too big 5.3MB which is due to libcrypto.a being
4.4MB (stripped).

Would you happen to know which ciphers I can drop from OpenSSL? (so I can
shrink it a bit).