[tor-dev] Open Proposals as of June 2012

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 19 14:06:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM, ahmed <ahmed at linuxism.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 17:26 -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
>>    194  Mnemonic .onion URLs
>
> Hello:
>
> I made a post about that topic in February, and it seems no one was
> interested. I can implement a dictionary compiler and address resolver.
>
> Should I work on it?

Hi, Ahmed!

It could be a good idea to write up a proposal here.  But before you
go too far on it, you should look at the other draft proposals in this
area, including 194, and some others that were brought up in response
when 194 was discussed on this mailing list.

There's the thread starting at
   http://archives.seul.org/or/dev/Feb-2012/msg00048.html

And the one at
   http://archives.seul.org/or/dev/Dec-2011/msg00021.html