[tor-dev] [GSoC] pyptlib Status Update

Brandon Wiley brandon at blanu.net
Sat Jun 16 16:58:51 UTC 2012

Here is the proposed schedule for the project:

*Week 1 - pyptlib.config API draft
Week 2 - pyptlib.config implementation
Week 3 - pyptlib.framework API draft
Week 4 - pyptlib.framework implementation
Week 5 - pyptlib.transports example implementations (dummy, rot13) and
command line options
Week 6 - testing and debugging of whole system
Week 7 - Refactoring, cleaning, and documentation update
Midterm evaluations
Week 8 - Dust
Week 9 - obfs2
Week 10 - flashproxy
Week 11 - Transport refinements and enhancements
Week 12 - Testing, debugging, refactoring, cleaning, and documentation
update
Pencils down*

We are currently finishing up Week 4 and I have a rough draft of the
framework in place. It will probably need a lot of refinement as I start
implementing actual transports. I've also implement a pluggable transport
manager in python which can stand in for tor when doing testing. So far
everything seems to be working fine. Next week I look forward to getting
some actual traffic obfuscated using the example plugins.
More posts about pyptlib are available on my project blog:
http://stepthreeprivacy.org/post/25233028188/status-update-schedule-and-framework