[tor-dev] TorStatus

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jun 4 07:12:15 UTC 2012

On 6/4/12 8:40 AM, Felix Ker wrote:
> Thank you for sharing! Looks like there's too little information about how
> Atlas can be used to list the servers. Would you be able to share any
> documentation?

Do you mean how Atlas can be used to display a list of the current
relays and/or bridges rather than providing a search function?

A full list of relays was practical when there were 300 relays in the
Tor network.  It isn't practical with the current 3000 relays and 1000
bridges, nor will it become any more practical when the Tor network
grows to 30000 relays and 10000 bridges.  The main reason why having a
full list is useful is that browsers has better search functionality
than the website.  We should rather go fix that and have the website
provide good search and sorting functions.

There's a new function in Onionoo that allows clients to use "order,"
"offset," and "limit" parameters [0] that can be used to display
ordered, paged results.  Atlas doesn't use these parameters yet, but it
could do so in the future.  If someone wants to add that feature, be
sure to talk to Arturo about the design; he may already have ideas for
supporting paged results.

Or did you mean something else?

Best,
Karsten