[tor-dev] TorStatus

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jun 4 06:04:48 UTC 2012

Hi Felix,

On 6/4/12 6:51 AM, Felix Ker wrote:
> I'm trying to use TorStatus and it took me almost 2 hours to set everything
> up and able to run tns_update.pl smoothly with no error. However, I am
> facing a problem that Google cannot help me.
>
> [0] starting...
> [0] mirror?
> [0] connecting to Tor
> [0] authenticating with Tor
> [0] starting descriptions
> *The TorStatus database was not updated properly.  An error has occured. I
> will continue to try to update, however.*
>
> It says an error has occured but I am unable to find any error logs. Anyone?

TorStatus is, AFAIK, not maintained anymore.  But we developed Onionoo
[0] and Atlas [1] as a TorStatus replacement.  Onionoo provides Tor
status information in a JSON format and Atlas presents these data in a
nice human-readable format.  You could set up an Atlas mirror (which
only serves static content, because the heavy lifting is done via
JavaScript on the client) using the current Onionoo host as data source
or you could mirror both Onionoo and Atlas.  Happy to give you advice
how to set up Onionoo.  Bug reports, feature suggestions, and of course
patches would be highly appreciated.

Best,
Karsten

[0] https://www.torproject.org/projects/onionoo.html.en