[tor-dev] txtorcon 0.2

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Fri Jun 1 18:45:37 UTC 2012

> (If this type of mail isn't appropriate for tor-dev please let me
> know...)

It's perfectly appropriate - glad to hear about the improvements!

On a side note, do you think that any txtorcon/stem work would be
appropriate? They're both aiming to be a library that does largely the
same things. The twisted/threading differences mean that our
controller classes are incompatible, but other bits of the parsing and
such should be interchangeable. For instance, I've invested an immense
amount of effort into parsing (and tests) for descriptor content...
https://gitweb.torproject.org/stem.git/blob/HEAD:/stem/descriptor/server_descriptor.py
https://gitweb.torproject.org/stem.git/blob/HEAD:/stem/descriptor/extrainfo_descriptor.py

so that things like "GETINFO desc/*" will provide usefully parsed
information. We could probably also share connection and
authentication code.

Cheers! -Damian