[tor-dev] Pyonionoo Descriptors

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Sat Jul 28 09:58:01 UTC 2012

On 7/28/12 11:44 AM, Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran wrote:
> If you want some sample summary, bandwidth, or details documents to
> see see how they look like, I can send you the ones I got from Karsten
> during the Tor dev meeting.

Oh, I wasn't aware that Sathya is working on the backend and Megan and
Erik are working on the frontend.  In that case my previous reply
doesn't make as much sense anymore.

Here's a current tarball of Onionoo's out/ directory that the frontend
should use (16.8M):

https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/onionoo-out-2012-07-28.tar.bz2

> Although, I'm not entirely sure why the web service part of pyonionoo
> would have to parse GeoIP data or calculate bandwidth histories?

Indeed.  Should become clearer when looking at the tarball above.  The
details and bandwidth files (as well as the new weights files) are ready
to be served to clients.  No need to look up anything while doing so.
This is the part that's supposed to be crazy fast.

Best,
Karsten