[tor-dev] IRC meeting to plan sponsor L milestones on Wed July 18, 15:00 UTC in #tor-dev

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Fri Jul 20 00:38:55 UTC 2012

Thus spake Roger Dingledine (arma at mit.edu):

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 09:37:46AM +0200, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> > We didn't talk about deliverable 8 at the meeting.  Maybe Mike can reply
> > here and give some quick feedback on this deliverable with respect to
> > phrasing/interpreting the deliverable text and possible tasks to promise
> > for the four milestones?
>
> One phrasing of this deliverable I've seen is "fix top 15
> torbutton/torbrowser bugs as seen in ticket system". Mike wants somebody
> who can jump into the Firefox code and bend it to our will.

I do personally close anywhere from 5 to 20 tickets per month depending
on month and ticket work sizes, so perhaps 15 is a safe number for 6
months of work plus some rampup time.. But please don't specify a
static snapshot of the current top 15 tickets, as priorities will change
between now and next year.

Also note, setting the bar low miscommunicates our development needs to
the contractor/new hire. Ideally, we want them to do more than just
close 15 tickets and collect their invoice and call it quits.. That's
why I'd much prefer the language I suggested in my other reply.

--
Mike Perry