[tor-dev] [GSoC] APAF Report

Michele Orrù maker.py at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:57:01 UTC 2012

Here are some updates about the APAF project.

The only thing left to do concerning APAF's REST APIs is to wrap and
secure tor control port calls for providing the user's current status
of anonymity.

Builds for debian are ok, both when generating the .deb and when
installing with pip.
OSx has its own .app, system tray icon, and the embedded browser which
acts just like a simple application window.
Window still has a non-working system tray (there's something wrong
between the win32 gui thread and twitsted reactor), but I have a
single executable, which eventually spits out the datadir/ directory
by itself (see apaf.blobber).

I've performed some cleanup, and reorganized each platform's main in
such a way that the relative module is dynamically imported.

During the next few days, I am going to work on the frontend part, and
fix builds for windows.