[tor-dev] [GSoC] APAF Report

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Fri Jul 13 07:38:01 UTC 2012

On 7/11/12 8:26 PM, Michele Orrù wrote:
> Well, right now the most important graphic elements are system tray
> icons, bot for windows and osx.
For icons it will be very important also to provide a clear
documentation on which format must be used and how to process an
existing image to convert that to create the overall sets of icons
required (the one of the application, the one for windows system tray,
the one for dock, etc) and/or provide a facility that you provide a
single image and it will automatically convert to the proper format for
all the elements on all the platforms.

> Since I will develop the frontend side
> of the apaf ater midterm evaluation, I think that is fine with these
> now.

If we can also implement Splash Screen, with it's own progress bar for
Startup progress, it would complete the most relevant UI elements
"directly perceived" by the end-user, at installation time and at each
start.

The "progress bar" below the "splash screen" maybe also very useful to
let end-user report errors/diagnose issues with the application startup?

> Otherwise, may I take vidalia's ones? At least until something comes up :)

May we ask Mogui to implement OSX specific stuff that he like a lot ?:
- DMG packaging Finger/Background
- Embedded Browser for OSX (Hellais committed some experimental code?)

-naif