[tor-dev] Stem Descriptor Parsers

Megan Chang mchang01 at wesleyan.edu
Tue Jul 10 15:23:08 UTC 2012

Hi Damian,

After looking at possible use cases, wouldn't it make sense to allow the
caller to specify a file to be written to?  Regardless, we were thinking of
creating two methods, one that takes a list of descriptors, and one that
takes a single descriptor. This would remove the need to check for a list
versus an object, allowing more consistent typing.

Just to clarify, the include_fields and exclude_fields parameters would
have default values of none and since we are taking in descriptors are a
list rather than a *arg, we don't need to worry about specifying the
keyword parameters. That said, if a caller doesn't specify either, all
parameters would be returned. Otherwise, it is expected that only one of
these parameters would be specified by the caller.

Also, going back to features expected by the community, would users want a
csv header to be written? Or simply a csv file?

- Erik & Megan