[tor-dev] Onionoo in Python

Norman Danner ndanner at wesleyan.edu
Mon Jul 9 15:43:21 UTC 2012

On 7/6/12 10:34 AM, Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran wrote:>> OK; Megan and
Erik, after you incorporate the export function into
 >> Descriptor in stem, please start reading through the Django tutorial.
 >
 > I'm not sure if Django is a good choice for this project. We don't
 > require such a heavy web framework with a templating engine, auth,
 > etc. I'd rather use Tornado or Cyclone+Twisted. Since tor2web, APAF
 > use Twisted, it would make sense to have onionoo use the same thing.
 >
 > I've been hacking on this since morning and I have a very simple
 > prototype which uses Cyclone that parses only the summary documents
 > and provides an API for that("/summary") - I will clean it up and put
 > on github in a bit

Is this available yet?

 >> We'll start working out milestones on Monday (I'm away until Monday
morning,
 >> but I'll probably have occasional e-mail access); Sathyanarayanan, you
 >> should probably chime in too.

So we need to decide on both some milestones and also what various
people ought to work on so we avoid stepping on each other's toes.

It seems like a natural way to keep some of our work disjoint is to have
us primarily work on the back end and Sathyanarayanan on the front end,
or vice-versa.  Sathyanarayanan, does this sound reasonable to you?  Do
you have a preference?  It sounds like you're already working on the
front end, though I was hoping we'd have a chance to play with and learn
twisted ourselves a bit.

	- Norman

--
Norman Danner - ndanner at wesleyan.edu - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University