[tor-dev] [GSoC] APAF Report

Michele Orrù maker.py at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 12:19:20 UTC 2012

Sorry for being so late, but as anticipated on the irc channel, I spent
most of the last week as talk manager at Europython. During, the free time
I've had the occasion to meet lots of developers of the tor community
joining the tordev meeting before and during the hackfest.
Concerning the project, I've organized some new cool features for services,
such as the configuration class which should help the customization.
Backend apis are almost finished - authentication, tor controlport, panel
configuration- and covered with unit tests.
There is a new dependency, pyCrypto, used for generating safely random
ports on which the service should listen to on each run; I think it will be
useful also for future utilities exposed from the apaf itself, as toolkit
for services.
I hope to merge those changes with the platform-specific modules, so that
after midterm evaluations I can work on the frontend side. Anybody wanting
to help with graphics?

Apologizing,