[tor-dev] [PATCH] Implement proposal xxx: ignore subdomains in hidden service addresses
nickm at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 7 17:13:52 UTC 2012
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Jérémy Bobbio <lunar at debian.org> wrote:
> The implementation is pretty straightforward: parse_extended_hostna me() is
> modified to drop any leading components from an address like
Looks good except for a few things:
* It needs a "changes" file; see doc/HACKING for the format there.
* The documentation for the function doesn't say that it accepts the
new syntax, and doesn't say that it removes the leading material from
* It considers .aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.onion to be a valid hostname; is that wrong?
* The tests should probably make sure that it modifies the hostname
> Warning! Tests on this patch were limited to 'make check'.
* Somebody should run this to make sure that it works. :)
BTW, it's usually a good idea to put patches on the bugtracker at
trac.torproject.org: that way it is way harder for me to forget about
them, drop them on the floor, or anything like that.
More information about the tor-dev