[tor-dev] Stem Descriptor Parsers

Norman Danner ndanner at wesleyan.edu
Fri Jul 6 14:53:26 UTC 2012

Yes, I was wondering whether there would be something simpler than
Django after I wrote that message.

Megan and Erik:  take a look through the websites for Django, Tornado,
and Cyclone/Twisted to get a sense as to what each does.

	- Norman

On 7/6/12 10:34 AM, Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran wrote:
>> OK; Megan and Erik, after you incorporate the export function into
>> Descriptor in stem, please start reading through the Django tutorial.
>
> I'm not sure if Django is a good choice for this project. We don't
> require such a heavy web framework with a templating engine, auth,
> etc. I'd rather use Tornado or Cyclone+Twisted. Since tor2web, APAF
> use Twisted, it would make sense to have onionoo use the same thing.
>
> I've been hacking on this since morning and I have a very simple
> prototype which uses Cyclone that parses only the summary documents
> and provides an API for that("/summary") - I will clean it up and put
> on github in a bit
>
>> We'll start working out milestones on Monday (I'm away until Monday morning,
>> but I'll probably have occasional e-mail access); Sathyanarayanan, you
>> should probably chime in too.
>
> Sounds good.

Norman Danner - ndanner at wesleyan.edu - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
  Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University