[tor-dev] [GSoC] Stem Controller Class

Ravi Chandra Padmala neenaoffline at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:56:48 UTC 2012

Hello.

The configuration related control methods get closer to merging each
day. I've been working on the control methods for the other control
commands. I will begin working on the event handling methods later
this week. I also found & fixed(?) a tiny bug in the tests[1].

The deliverables for my mid term evaluation are:

* Implementation of a fully documented General controller class with sufficient
    test coverage.
* Implementation of parsers for parsing network status documents and
    microdescriptor documents with significant test coverage.
* Integrate the Safe Cookie authentication client into Stem. (Close #5262).

Safe cookie authentication support has been merged into master.

I am fairly certain I will be done coding (most, if not all of) the
general controller class before the mid-term evaluation, but, it's
unlikely that it will be merged into stem/master that soon.

It's highly unlikely that I'll be able to work on the descriptor
parsers before the mid-term evaluation. I do have a large amount of
buffer time at the end of the program which should be more than enough
to implement them, even after taking Hofstadter's law into account :/

1. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6248

--
neena