[tor-dev] Tor proposals implemented in Tor 0.2.3.x

Ian Goldberg iang at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Jul 1 17:53:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 07:06:29PM +0200, Fabian Keil wrote:
> I implemented (partial) optimistic data support for Privoxy about a year
> ago. The code hasn't been committed to the official repository due to the
> documentation challenge outlined above.

Fair enough.  It turns out it never hurts to have the SOCKS client
optimistically write the data to the OP.  As for the OP sending the data
optimistically along the circuit, I'd say "don't mess with the
OptimisticData default setting", but perhaps some Tor devs might chime
in.

[Though many will be travelling to Italy today for the dev meeting.]

   - Ian