[tor-dev] Fwd: Tor Transports

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Jan 30 06:38:25 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 08:09:58PM +0100, K. Macy wrote:
> I felt it premature to publicly discuss using my user level network
> stack as the basis for a tor transport given the number of potential
> candidates and the issues that I raise below. However, Sebastian felt
> strongly that it belongs on tor-dev.

Hi Kip,

Thanks for keeping us informed. I look forward to seeing which transport
Steven picks first for prototyping and testing, and seeing how it goes.
Getting ipsec for 'free' is a big deal, since our other options for
link encryption at the datagram packet level are dtls and "oh come on,
how hard could that be, let's roll our own." In any case, more options
is always good.

--Roger