[tor-dev] Windows Alternative of torsocks/tsocks ?

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Sun Jan 22 09:55:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

does anyone know if there is a windows alternative to torsocks/tsocks?

We sketched down a draft to build up an anonymous web application
framework that would allow to build TorHS exposed python webapps on a
desktop computer.

The draft is available at
https://piratenpad.de/p/AnonymousWebApplicationFramework (feel free to
modify)

The idea is to deliver "GlobaLeaks.exe" (but possibly other software)
including Tor, with a web-application framework that include all the
functionalities to handle:
- Tor Hidden Service exposure
- Tor outbound communication

For Tor Outbound outbound connections, the idea is to wrap all the
application (Python, Tornadoweb, scripts) under Torsocks/tsocks.

For Mac OS X / Linux it's easy, we can use torsocks/tsocks:
TorSocks: http://code.google.com/p/torsocks/

But to make this "library preload" under windows we only found:
Torcap: http://www.freehaven.net/~aphex/torcap/
Freecap: http://www.freecap.ru/eng/

Does anyone know if there's something else for win32 that can just run
as a commandline tool to be included in a startup script, handling the
DNS Query and TCP Connect torrifying them?

-naif