[tor-dev] Port of python Tor controller library to C++ (Tom?s Touceda)

Giang Nguyen cauthu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:45:33 UTC 2012

> I'm not sure if you want to work with Qt, but may be you should take a
> look at Vidalia's torcontrol classes:
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/vidalia.git/tree/HEAD:/src/torcontrol

Thanks, Tomas, for the suggestion.
I actually tried to use Vidalia's Tor control code back in late 2010
when I looked for a C/C++ controller, but I chose not to use it for
several reasons: it lacked (and I think still does) the path
selection, Qt is a huge dependency, and I wasn't yet familiar with Qt
dev.
I was sidetracked for a while -- learning Qt dev in the process -- so
now Vidalia's looks pretty attractive. Since I was almost done with my
port, however, I might as well try to finish it and release it.