[tor-dev] Flashproxy alpha bundles

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sat Dec 15 05:31:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 05:10:52PM +0000, adrelanos wrote:
> Or wait for IPv6 and such problems will vanish?

In fact IPv6 is one solution to the NAT problem. To my surprise, there
are a few IPv6 flash proxies operating. I was able to bootstrap and surf
over a couple of them, using an he.net tunnel and without configuring
port forwarding. There is a bug, though
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6124) which means the
facilitator may give your address to IPv4-only proxies who are unable to
connect to you. Once that is fixed, it will be reliable; until then, you
just have to be a bit lucky.

David Fifield