[tor-dev] RFC on obfs3 pluggable transport

Veggie Monster vmonmoonshine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 21:00:59 UTC 2012

Hey Ian,

> [There's no such thing as a "bi-quadratic residue" in this setting; all
> quadratic residues in this group have one square root which is itself a
> quadratic residue and one which is not.]

I guess you are right. Because (q,2) = 1, all quadratic residues are
bi-quadratic residues, hence no meaningful distinction:

[vmon at telly biquad-attack]$ sage mount_attack.sage
Key oracle biquadratic residue ratio: 0.500503540039062
Random oracle biquadratic residue ratio: 0.496414184570312

[https://github.com/vmon/biquad-attack]

Thanks,
Vmon