[tor-dev] Flashproxy alpha bundles

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Thu Dec 13 18:38:03 UTC 2012

Have you considered Hole punching techniques? [1] TCP, UDP, ICMP hole
punching... There are many techniques. I don't know if the WebSocket
protocol would prevent it.

STUN [2] like techniques where a third non-firewalled server helps to
traversal the NAT. (Only NAT, not used a proxy.)

pwnat [3] also looks interesting. It doesn't need a third server and
lets connect two nat'ed machines with each other.

There are probable more things to consider. For example if the pwnat
method (or any other nat traversal method) could later be easily used to
fingerprint and censor the connection.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_punching
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STUN
[3] http://samy.pl/pwnat/