[tor-dev] OutreachProgramForWomen

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Sun Dec 2 06:08:15 UTC 2012

> Hi everybody,
>  My name is Buket Akın and I am from Turkey, Çanakkale. I am computer
> engineering student at Çanakkale 18 Mart University. I am going to refer “
> Stem Usability Improvements” project. Please can you tell me what can I do
> about project?  Thanks very much for your kindness.

Hi Buket. Glad you want to hack on stem!

The OPW application deadline is only two days away so this is gonna be
tricky, but to apply you need to...

1. Make a contribution to stem. This doesn't need to be big, but it
does need to be something helpful that gets your hands dirty with the
codebase. See stem's bug page for some ideas...

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/stem/bugs
https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen#Make_a_Small_Contribution

2. Write an application for the project that you want to do with
details for how you'd implement it.

https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen#Send_in_an_Application

Let me know if you have any questions! -Damian