[tor-dev] Grailo.net is live (but very young)

Julian Yon julian at yon.org.uk
Sun Dec 2 01:20:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 15:39:25 -0800
Clay Graham <claytantor at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason I am reaching out to you is I am I am interested in
> creating a client side plugin for the TOR browser so that people can
> use the client side encryption safely and privately, and without
> fear. Since scripting is disabled in TOR, with good reason, I want a
> plugin that is blessed by the TOR project as open and safe for
> encryption.
>
> Any leads on where to get started are greatly appreciated.

“Scripting is disabled in Tor” is not an entirely correct statement.
The Tor *Browser* disables scripts via NoScript; this provides the
ability to selectively enable scripting on sites you trust. However,
Tor itself is agnostic to what you use it for. If you write an
application that can talk to a SOCKS proxy, it can be pointed directly
at Tor with no need to interface with the browser.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012 at jry.me>