[tor-dev] Next ten Tor Tech Reports

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Aug 27 08:06:00 UTC 2012

On 8/20/12 11:06 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> On 8/9/12 8:29 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>> On 8/8/12 8:13 PM, Mike Perry wrote:
>>> Since HotPETS doesn't count as "publishing" perhaps this should be
>>> listed as a tech report:
>>> http://fscked.org/talks/TorFlow-HotPETS-final.pdf
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> How about we put the LaTeX sources in tech-reports.git, change them to
>> use the new tech report template, assign a report number, and add a
>> footnote saying "This report was presented at 2nd Hot Topics in Privacy
>> Enhancing Technologies (HotPETs 2009), Seattle, WA, USA, August 2009."?
>> Then people can decide if they rather want to cite our tech report or
>> the HotPETs one.
>>
>> Happy to do or help with the conversion if you tell me where your
>> sources are.
>
> So, what do you think?  Still happy to help. :)

I turned the LaTeX sources you sent me yesterday into a Tor Tech Report:

https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/torflow-2009-08-07.pdf

I also turned my HotPETs 2009 report into a Tor Tech Report:

https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/metrics-2009-08-07.pdf

The sources are here:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/karsten/tech-reports.git/shortlog/refs/heads/hotpets2009-reports

Note that I changed a few things like moving pure URL references from
the bibliography to footnotes, updating URLs to gitweb/lists.tpo, etc.

If you like the changes, please let me know, and I'll put the reports on
research.tpo.  Otherwise, please change the things you don't like, or
tell me what you want to have changed.

Best,
Karsten