[tor-dev] Pyonionoo

Norman Danner ndanner at wesleyan.edu
Thu Aug 9 21:28:30 UTC 2012

Hi Karsten,

We have a preliminary version of the Pyonionoo front-end at

	git://github.com/meganchang/pyonionoo.git

Make sure to look at the database branch.  We'd be happy to hear feedback.

Unfortunately, this isn't as far as we wanted to be.  A run-down of the
main open issues:

* We ran into issues with getting sqlite in-memory databases to play
nicely with multiple threads (stop-gap solution:  use an on-disk
database).

* Right now it just has the summary handler, though adding the other
handlers probably isn't a problem (probably a bit of minor refactoring).

* The search GET parameter isn't implemented yet, in part because we
realized that implementing it as specified in the protocol isn't so
straightforward, at least in SQLite (which does not, in an obvious way,
support searching for initial substrings).

	- Norman

--
Norman Danner - ndanner at wesleyan.edu - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University