[tor-dev] Fwd: [tor-relays] tcmalloc in FreeBSD

Jordi Espasa Clofent jespasac at minibofh.org
Mon Aug 6 18:06:23 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012 07:03 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Hm.  Tor itself doesn't have a tcmalloc compilation option, so whatever
> it's doing is something freebsd added.  To debug this kind of thing,
> what I usually suggest is to rebuild and look carefully at which
> compiler and linker options are used in building Tor, and see if they
> include the appropriate options for tcmalloc.

Thanks for your answer Nick, but I don't get you:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-commits/2008-February/008381.html

It seems tor has a configure option to support tcmalloc since 2008; I
guess I could be wrong (again) but I understand that if the configure
script supports the tcmalloc option is because, is some sense, the
compilation will use as well the mentioned libraries.

So?