[tor-dev] MITM for TOR

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Mon Sep 26 11:24:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 03:52:25PM +0200, robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl wrote 0.5K bytes in 20 lines about:
: I build a small Monitor In The Middle (MITM) proxy that can be used to
: study the communication between TOR and the browser. Hope this can be
: used to improve TOR.
:
: It's small but quite powerful. Wrote an article about it on my blog:
:
: http://freedomboxblog.nl/mitm-for-tor/

It seems you responded to another thread with a new subject, perhaps
this has confused others.

How does this differ from the tamper data extension in Firefox?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tamper-data/

In either case, did you find anything in the interaction between firefox
and the Tor socks proxy? From you blog post, it looks like Tor socks
interaction is quick, and the performance of everything else is
dependent on the active circuit.

And, it's Tor, not TOR.  See
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#WhyCalledTor for the
details.