[tor-dev] Sanitizing and publishing our web server logs

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Wed Sep 14 20:11:36 UTC 2011

On Friday, September 02, 2011 10:08:37 Brian Szymanski wrote:
> What exactly are we hoping to gain from the analysis of the (hopefully
> correctly) stripped logs?

Overall, all of our data collected can be analyzed to see if any of it can be
used to discover users, sets of users, or other personally identifying info.

It will also be helpful to know more about our websites, usage, referrers,
etc.  If Tor is going to be transparent in its data collection practices, we
should be able to publish our web server logs without issue.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x74ED336B