[tor-dev] Survey on Tor Trac usage and how you manage your tasks

Christian Fromme kaner at strace.org
Tue Sep 6 10:06:43 UTC 2011

Hi Karsten,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Karsten Loesing
<karsten.loesing at gmx.net> wrote:

> First of all, thanks to the 13 people for taking part in the survey!

Thanks for your effort to make Trac life easier for everyone!

> [Suggestion: Backup and delete all reports with a component name in
> them.  The current list of Available Reports list is mostly useless for
> newcomers who don't care much about components, but who are interested
> in finding something to work on.  Developers and volunteers can bookmark
> custom queries or put links to them on a wiki page belonging to a
> component.  For example, report 12 "Tor: Active Tickets by Milestone" is
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=!closed&group=milestone&component=Tor+Relay&component=Tor+Client&component=Tor+Bridge&component=Tor+Hidden+Services&component=Tor+bundles%2Finstallation&component=Tor+Directory+Authority&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=version&col=keywords
> ]

This is something I'm not entirely happy with. Using the saved query
to look up GetTor, BridgeDB and Weather bugs is like the one feature I
use in Trac. Sure, I can use bookmarks for this in different browsers
I use. On the other hand, I doubt the projected benefit: I might be
wrong, but I wonder if deleting the saved reports will result in even
a single new volunteer starting to fix bugs for us.

/C