[tor-dev] Survey on Tor Trac usage and how you manage your tasks

Karsten Loesing karsten.loesing at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 06:42:41 UTC 2011

On 10/19/11 5:50 PM, Robert Ransom wrote:
> On 2011-10-19, Karsten Loesing <karsten.loesing at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> 3. Delete all obsolete versions from the list, and try harder to add new
>> versions.  Erinn and I tried to delete old versions and found that it's
>> safe to do so.  The deleted version string in a ticket will remain the
>> same, but one cannot create new tickets using the deleted version or
>> change the version field of existing tickets to it.
>
> If a vandal changes the version field of an existing ticket, we will
> be unable to undo that change.

Ugh, you're right.  Haven't thought of that case.  I'll leave old
versions untouched for the moment and will only add new versions to the
list.

> I would still prefer that we make the ‘Version’ field a plain
> text-entry field.

I think if we don't give users a list of choices, the field will become
even less useful.

> I think we still won't add new versions to the list
> reliably, and I assume you don't plan to add the many different TBB
> version numbers to the list.

Maybe we should add a line "Add version string to Trac" to the release
process?

Best,
Karsten