[tor-dev] Survey on Tor Trac usage and how you manage your tasks

Robert Ransom rransom.8774 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:50:03 UTC 2011

On 2011-10-19, Karsten Loesing <karsten.loesing at gmx.net> wrote:

> 3. Delete all obsolete versions from the list, and try harder to add new
> versions.  Erinn and I tried to delete old versions and found that it's
> safe to do so.  The deleted version string in a ticket will remain the
> same, but one cannot create new tickets using the deleted version or
> change the version field of existing tickets to it.

If a vandal changes the version field of an existing ticket, we will
be unable to undo that change.

I would still prefer that we make the ‘Version’ field a plain
text-entry field.  I think we still won't add new versions to the list
reliably, and I assume you don't plan to add the many different TBB
version numbers to the list.

Robert Ransom