[tor-dev] May Tor proposal status, and proposal plans for 0.2.3

Karsten Loesing karsten.loesing at gmx.net
Mon May 16 16:59:01 UTC 2011

On 5/9/11 6:54 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
>    xxx-geoip-survey-plan.txt
>
>      Here's an old document I wrote a while ago about tracking usage by
>      country.  Probably it should go into the metrics documentation
>      somewhere (if we do this), or get thrown into "old" (if we won't do
>      this), or updated (if we might someday do this).

This proposal idea is already in the "old" directory, and I think that's
okay.  The idea is superseded by this tech report:

  https://metrics.torproject.org/papers/countingusers-2010-11-30.pdf

>    xxx-hide-platform.txt
>
>      Here's a proposal pre-draft that says we should normalize the
>      platform string.  Somebody could turn this into a proposal pretty
>      easily.

This proposal idea doesn't say what platform string would be published
when HidePlatform is set to Yes.

I think #2988 has much more discussion on this topic than the proposal
idea.  Whenever #2988 results in a design, it'd be just as simple to
write a new proposal than to rewrite this one.  Does such a change even
require a proposal?  Which specification document would be changed when
making this change?  It's probably okay to throw this proposal into
"old," too.

Best,
Karsten