[tor-dev] Mingw ann non-autoconf build

Gisle Vanem gvanem at broadpark.no
Tue May 3 23:16:52 UTC 2011

"Nick Mathewson" <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:

> But hey, it's free software. If you wanted to write and maintain an
> alternative set of build scripts to work with different versions of
> mingw, that would be great.

I'm using the top of the line version of MingW (v3.18). I don't think
MingW has changed too much the last 5 years that it would matter for
Tor. Except for the added gettimeofday() (in MingW v.316 I believe), an
orconfig.h should be unaware of any MingW version.

> I'd greatly
> prefer a separate orconfig.h if you take this route: sharing the same
> one between msvc and mingw seems like it's asking for trouble.

Okay, but I'm now building Tor with the attached orconfig.h. This has
"only" 5 tests for __MINGW32__. I don't think that is asking for trouble.

Gisle V.

# rm -v /bin/laden
/bin/laden: removed /bin/laden