[tor-dev] Thoughts on simplified packaging

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Tue Jun 14 21:16:22 UTC 2011

As I talk to more and more people, they are confused by all of the
different software packages we offer.  From the simple,

"I just want to be a relay, why is this so hard?"

"I just want to safely get to the BBC, I don't care about configuration
and such. Can't you just make it a simple download and have it work by
default?"

I've written down my thoughts at
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/roadmaps/proposed-package-roadmap.txt.

I'm looking for your thoughts and feedback.  The goal is to simplify
what we produce and make it easy for people to get the software and
configuration they want.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x74ED336B