[tor-dev] The Torouter and the DreamPlug

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Sat Jun 11 12:45:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 07:12:25PM +0000, jacob at appelbaum.net wrote 1.7K bytes in 39 lines about:
: I did not suggest a backdoor! I suggested a method of remotely helping

This comes across as "it's not a backdoor, it's a highly secured front
door that only law enforcement will have access to in order to catch
criminals".

: someday. It's a bad idea to just mail off a bunch of hardware and hope
: for the best. We should provide some kind of support and help for the
: device during the alpha testing phase of the project.

Then we shouldn't ship the hardware yet.  The hardware needs to stand on
its own, with real users, and not have a way we can remotely access
anything.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B