[tor-dev] Too many cooks spoil the broth---or: how about we clean up the wiki?

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Sat Jun 11 12:41:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 08:17:35AM +0200, karsten.loesing at gmx.net wrote 2.5K bytes in 34 lines about:
: > Do you plan to fix links in the mailing list archives as well?  How
: > about links in our e-mail inboxes?
:
: Nope.  But we could add redirects for those pages linked from the
: mailing list archives and everyone's inbox.  Similar to how we added
: redirects when moving from
: https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/ to the current location.

Why this need to preserve old links forever?  Websites change. If we
migrate from trac to something else, I'm not going back and updating
every website that ever linked to trac.  When we changed from flyspray
to trac, google, yahoo, bing, etc search engines all update their
databases of links within 3 days.

I'm fine with not putting in any redirects.  If the new structure is
sufficiently logical, people will figure it out. torproject.org is the
largest link farm to trac, we can update that.  Attached is the linking
domains, according to google, to trac.tpo.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B